Counting Down the Rollercoasters!

Thursday, May 20, 2010

The First 1 - The Wild Mouse!

The first rollercoasters were huge wooden sleds that were hauled up the sides of ice-covered mountains by mules! Not sure if I would have stuck around to ride them 40 times, especially as I would have had to slug it up the side of the mountain by foot! Fortunately for me, it is no longer 1780 and the first rollercoaster on my quest was the Wild Mouse at Sydney's Luna Park - the only rollercoaster in all of Sydney! It's a quick trip - the two-person cars zip around the quarter-mile track in one minute flat!

My brother Peter and his family surprised me the week before my actual birthday as they wanted to take me on the first rollercoaster ride as they were unable to holiday with us on the Gold Coast which was where I thought I'd would be starting the coaster adventure! Justyn and Peter schemed away and when there was a knock at the door and a whirlwind of Pete, Ang, Taylor, Brittany and Byron flew in with presents, cake and of course the invitation to spend the day at Luna Park, I was completely surprised!

We had an awesome day and was absolutely the best way to start the birthday celebrations! One down and 39 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment